Emil O. W. Kirkegaard (Emil Ole William Kirkegaard) aka William Engman – is a vexatious litigant, habitual liar, deceiver, perjurer (he lied under oath) and a debtor. In 2018, he filed a frivolous libel lawsuit against me in the High Court of Justice. Kirkegaard unsurprisingly lost the preliminary issues trial in 2019, but refused to pay my legal costs; I filed an unless order to dismiss the lawsuit for his misconduct. Kirkegaard discontinued knowing the case would have been dismissed with prejudice. He owes me £42,749.67 + post-judgment interest (at 8% per annum) and is currently in contempt of court. In 2021, he changed his name to William Engman and moved country from Denmark to Germany to avoid liability and debt collection.
Image used under §30A Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Follow r/KirkegaardvSmith ⚖️ for legal updates.
Donate to my costs for enforcement.
Send me tip-offs about Emil Kirkegaard here.
November 23, 2022
DK Hostmaster acknowledge Kirkegaard is breaking their ToS by providing a false address as a registrant and will “look into the matter”.
November 21, 2022
THIS PAGE IS BEING UPDATED (SORRY FOR MESS)
12/09/2022: Letter before claim is sent to Kirkegaard by my Danish solicitor.
Letter before claim
- 28/07/2022: Foreign Process Section certifies Annex I certificate for £42,749.67.
- 05/07/2022: I register Kirkegaard on the Registry of Judgments, Orders and Fines.
- 01/07/2022: Writ (of control) for £29,249.67* is sealed by the High Court of Justice.
*Emil Kirkegaard owes an additional £13,500.00 from the costs order dated 10/12/2019.
Writ (of control)
- 27/06/2022: I apply for a writ (of control) from a High Court enforcement officer.
- 16/05/2022: Kirkegaard’s website is taken offline because of my abuse report.
- 28/02/2022: I start enforcement under Regulation (EU) No. 1215/2012, Annex I.
- 18/12/2021: A fundraiser is created for donations to assist with enforcement.
- 01/11/2021: I recover £13,403.60 after complaining to the Legal Ombudsman.
- 12/10/2021: Emil Kirkegaard is in contempt of the High Court of Justice.
- 28/09/2021: The final costs certificate for £26,686.43* is served to Kirkegaard.
*Emil Kirkegaard owes £2,563.24 interest on these costs.
Final costs certificate
- 08/09/2021: Application to Senior Courts Costs Office for final costs certificate.
- 07/09/2021: Kirkegaard files a notice of change and becomes pro se.
- 17/08/2021: Kirkegaard loses provisional assessment. I am awarded £19,317.52.
- 22/07/2021: Provisional assessment of costs.
- COVID-19 pandemic delayed legal proceedings for a year.
- 25/08/2020: Detailed assessment of costs.
- 08/07/2020: Bill of costs (£22,906.12) is served to Kirkegaard.
- 02/06/2020: Summary judgment hearing is cancelled.
- 21/05/2020: Kirkegaard discontinues the lawsuit 11 days before summary judgment.
Public statement by my solicitor a day after Kirkegaard signed a notice of discontinuance.
- 11/05/2020: Kirkegaard concedes my posts were not libel under statute law.
- 29/04/2020: Summary judgment hearing is scheduled to take place on 02/06/2020.
- 09/04/2020: I apply for an unless order to dismiss the lawsuit.
- 24/03/2020: Kirkegaard is noncompliant and misses deadline to pay first installment.
- 17/03/2020: I apply for summary judgment.
- 10/03/2020: Emil Kirkegaard varies order to pay me monthly installments (£500.00).
- 11/12/2019: Preliminary judgment is made public.
- 10/12/2019: Costs order. Kirkegaard owes me £13,500.00 in legal costs.
- 04/12/2019: Kirkegaard loses hearing. Draft preliminary judgment.
- 26/11/2019: Preliminary issues trial.*
- 22/05/2019: Adjourned hearing; relisted for November 26 2019.
- 08/02/2019: Application for preliminary issues trial.
- 07/12/2018: Emil Kirkegaard files a frivolous defamation lawsuit against me.
*Issues of meaning and whether the words complained of were written as statements of fact, or opinion.